joi, 22 decembrie 2016

Teacher Gheorghe Silvia

Interview with the maths teacher
Gheorghe Silvia
How did you become a teacher?
Because I love mathematics I studied it at university and therefore, I became a teacher.
Have you loved maths since you were little?
Not quite since I was little, I just had a very good maths teacher during high school who made me fall in love with mathematics and when I was in my senior year of high school I was already dreaming to become a maths teacher.
How do you engage your students in learning maths?
I’ve always looked for uncommon ways of maths problem-solving and I’m very glad whenever my students discover them.
Did you feel, throughout your career, that the teaching profession is appreciated?
Yes, many a time. Those who don’t appreciate it don’t really understand it. Teachers can model the students’ soul, character and intellect especially when schools and families have similar expectations. Success is guaranteed especially if you make parents your  allies.
 
How do you help students find inner peace?
 
Through student-centered approach to learning and extracurricular activities.
 
If you were back to the beginning again and you were 18-19 years old, what would you do? Would you still become a teacher?
 
Yes, of course!
 
What other job would you choose?
 
Maybe I would have been a doctor, so that I could heal both the body and the soul.
 
If you could start a private school, what rules would you change?
 
I would reduce class sizes to a maximum of 20 students per class and, in choosing my collaborators, I would firstly ask them to cherish children’s souls, to help children develop emotionally safe and to value them. 
 
What would you recommend a debutant teacher?
 
To be open-minded, patient, courageous, passionate, ambitious and loving.
 
Why should youth become teachers nowadays?
 
Youth should become teachers in order to teach the others, but only if they love children . If you can treat children as equals, not as if they were inferior, if you can enjoy their innocence, their spontaneity and their thrill to discover new things, then the teaching profession becomes your chance to stay always young.
 
What do you say to your students?
 
Good luck and best wishes in all you do!



How do you feel about interviewing you?
 
I wasn’t thrilled, because I find it easier to do than say, but I thought it wouldn’t be nice to say no.

 

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu